Healthcare Internet Hall of Fame Now Taking Nominations For 2013
Do you know an individual or organization that has significant contributions to the healthcare Internet field at a local, state or national level? Someone who has:
- Assumed a leadership position across the health industry?
- Demonstrated a willingness to share their expertise with others?
- Served as a role model or mentor to others in the healthcare Internet industry?
- Shown the ability or influence to effect change in the industry?
- Been engaged in the field of healthcare Internet for at least 5 years?
Then you may have the perfect candidate for the 2013 Healthcare Internet Hall of Fame.
The Healthcare Internet Hall of Fame was established in 2011 to honor both individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to the healthcare Internet industry, and to ensure that the history of the industry is preserved for the future generations.
Each year, new members of the Healthcare Internet Hall of Fame are inducted at the industry-wide Healthcare Internet Conference. The 2012 inductees included:
- Ed Bennett, director of web and communications technology for the University of Maryland Medical System
- Mark Gothberg, editor of eHealthcare Strategy & Trends and chairman of the eHealthcare Leadership Awards for Health Care Communication
- Community Health Network of Indianapolis, whose eBusiness team has demonstrated, over a decade, innovations in the use of Internet technologies for healthcare consumers
- PatientsLikeMe, a free online community where patients can connect with each other to better understand their diseases, share condition and treatment information, and get the support they need to improve their health.
- Mayo Clinic, who launched one of the earliest health information sites on the Internet, and today, receives nearly 30 million unique visits per month from all over the world.
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2013 class. Information regarding criteria and the nomination process can be found at the Healthcare Internet Hall of Fame website (www.hihof.org). All nominations must be received by August 2, 2013.
Learn more about the 2012 honorees.