Ted Cruz Filibuster Misses the Mark
- Why are drugs in Canada so much cheaper than the same drugs purchased here?
- How can a hospital charge exorbitant fees for simple items that would cost a few bucks at CVS?
- Why did it take so long for colon cancer screening to be a covered benefit, when colon cancer was always paid for?
- Why is our per capita health care cost so much higher than other nations who demonstrate superior health outcomes?
- Why can’t patients receive medical bills that they can understand?
- Shouldn’t patients and their families have some skin in the game as a brake on the profligate spending of other people’s money for health care?
- Why do physicians permit, if not encourage, futile medical care?
- Why is it possible that so many working Americans can’t afford medical insurance coverage?
Obamacare emerged because the dysfunctional system demanded a response, and no prior president since the Truman administration was able to move the ball down-field. Had Obamacare antagonists passed reform measures incrementally during past decades, then we wouldn’t be subjected to the clumsy and heavy hand of government healing now.