Health Care Research Awards
The National National Institute for Health Care Management (NIHCM) recently selected its five finalists for their Annual Health Care Research Award. These studies include the following:
- Amitabh Chandra, Jonathan Gruber, Robin McKnight. “Patient Cost-Sharing and Hospitalization Offsets in the Elderly.” American Economic Review 100(1): 193-213.
- Mark Duggan, Fiona Scott Morton. “The Effect of Medicare Part D on Pharmaceutical Prices and Utilization.” American Economic Review 100(1): 590-607.
- Ashish Jha, E. John Orav, Arnold Epstein. “The Effect of Financial Incentives on Hospitals That Serve Poor Patients.” Annals of Internal Medicine 153(5): 299-306.
- Darius Lakdawalla, Eric Sun, Anupam Jena, Carolina Reyes, Dana Goldman, Tomas Philipson. “An economic evaluation of the war on cancer.” Journal of Health Economics 29(3): 333-346.
- Yunjie Song, Jonathan Skinner, Julie Bynum, Jason Sutherland, John Wennberg, Elliott Fisher. “Regional Variations in Diagnostic Practices.” New England Journal of Medicine 363(1): 45-53.