Below is a list of the technologies under development at medtech startups identified in March 2011.
- Clip and closure system as for an aperture in a vessel wall.
- Surgical devices including for vascular surgery.
- Arrhythmia mapping technology.
- Undisclosed orthopedic (hip) technology.
- Drug delivery during abdominal surgery to reduce post-operative pain and formation of adhesions.
- Catheter technologies.
- Products for interventional medicine, including a biodegradable patch suitable for medical applications, especially intravascular, minimally-invasive and intraoperative surgical applications.
- Non-invasive technology for treatment of atherosclerosis.
- Device for treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms due to benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH).
The companies developing these technologies are detailed in the Medtech Startups Database.