A few years, a sheer mention of cannabis would draw people’s attention, including the authorities. This was a banned substance in many countries across the globe and therefore, people only talk about it behind closed doors or hushed tones. However, what the majority didn’t know was that, marijuana had much more to offer mankind than the psychoactive effect it had been associated with for years. Home to more than 100 active chemical compound, researchers are still trying to discover the many benefits of using cannabis extracts such as cannabidiol (CBD). Here is basic guide that you need to know.
CBD is a non-psychoactive chemical compound found in marijuana (cannabis sativa) plant. While it is believed that the plant is actually home to more than one hundred such compounds, the only other more prominent one is Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is responsible for the “high effect” that most cannabis smokers experience upon use. Unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive, but is rich in a wide range of therapeutic properties such as anxiety and pain relief, anti-inflammatory properties, insomnia management, and epilepsy, among others. While most experts recommend the use of CBD oil that is THC-free, there are others that argue that some THC is not as bad after all. In fact, products such as CBD topicals derived from marijuana are believed to be much more effective to users than those made from entirely pure fiber hemp. However, this brings in the legal question. Residents of countries and states that have legalized marijuana can comfortably purchase THC-rich CBD products. However, in the United States, for example, only CBD with not more than 0.3% THC concentration is legal. You must therefore check with your state to understand the legal implications of using CBD because the federal and state laws may slightly vary.
Therapeutic Benefits of CBD
There is a lot of information on the internet and the media that can be confusing to those who are new to CBD. Everyone wants to claim the many medical benefits of CBD, even though most of these claims have not scientifically been proven to conclusion. One thing that stands out for sure is that cannabidiol can indeed help manage a broad range of medical conditions, offering the much-needed relief to patients. Some of the known conditions include:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Anxiety disorders
Note that studies on the aforementioned conditions haven’t been conclusive considering the fact that trials have been done on rodents and a very small number of humans. They are therefore not conclusive and therefore shouldn’t be used in place of prescription medicine. It is important to understand this before you buy your CBD starter kit because it will help you manage your expectations prior to the purchase. All said and done, the indications are good and those who have used cannabidiol have attested to its effectiveness. In fact, 40% of American users have confessed ditching over-the-counter painkillers for CBD infused products.
In what forms can you find and take CBD products?
CBD is available in various forms. These are aimed at managing various conditions, meeting specific needs of users and also ease of use. Furthermore, these products are designed to fit all members of the family, irrespective of age. The following are the most common forms of CBD oil. Note that you can customize your own products at home, all you need are the ingredients, which are easily available online.
- Pure CBD oil and tinctures: This is the basic form of CBD that is basically the extract from cannabis or hemp. They are consumed by placing them under the tongue using a dropper then absorbed quickly into the body. They are recommended for adults who prefer not to use alternatives such as pills. They are also good for speedy relief, especially against pain and anxiety.
- CBD topicals: This form of CBD is applied on the skin, just other topicals used for cosmetic purposes. Topicals are recommended for the treatment of joint and muscle pains, but can also be helpful in managing other skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis and eczema.
- Pills and capsules: They are not any different from the drugs you buy from the pharmacists. They are recommended for long-term use in managing conditions such as seizures and related disorders and digestion complications. A recent approval by the Food and Drug Administration of CBD drugs for the treatment of seizure disorders gave pills and capsules a huge boost, guaranteeing users not only its legality, but ease of access.
- CBD edibles: This one of the broadest forms of CBD products, mainly because of its ease of consumption. One of the most common edibles are the CBD gummies that are considered affordable, discrete, easily portably and meets various taste buds. You can also customize your own edibles at home by adding a few drops of pure CBD oils into your meals.
- Vapes: Vaping is becoming more popular by day, replacing traditional smoking faster than it has ever been anticipated. CBD vapes are consumed in as similar way as e-cigarettes. However, this mode of consumption is reserved for those with some experience using vaporizers and other vaping devices.
There are many other forms of CBD that is currently available to users that you can always use. There are concentrates and isolates that are known for their high CBD concentration among others. Most CBD starter kits will however only contain the basic CBD products, ensuring that you get what you need to get started.
Dosage: How much CBD should I take?
There are no precise dosage guidelines for most CBD products because every case is unique. It is therefore recommended that you consult your doctor (if you are consuming for medical reasons), or you check the product label or talk to the supplier for guidelines. To a normal adult person however, experts recommend a dosage of between 40 milligrams to 1,500 milligrams per day. However, you should start with a lower dose and keep increasing over time. Dosage is also determined by the health condition, age, size of body and even lifestyle.
Conclusion: where can I buy CBD?
CBD is available in various online shops and select licensed clinics. This entirely depends on the legal status of CBD in your state or country. You should therefore carefully research the market and understand whether it is legal or not before ordering. CBD oil products can now also be purchased in other countries, such as the United Kingdom. We recommend buying your UK CBD oil online from Blessed CBD – a reputable and well-reviewed CBD brand based in the UK, who are on a mission to offer the best CBD oil possible. Also, it is important to compare different online shops on quality, pricing and shipping guidelines to ensure that you get the best deal at the right price. If you make the right choice, you will enjoy your CBD starter kit.