The Daraprim Debacle – The Smell Test Sniffs Out Price Gouging.
- Grading the SAT Examination. Sniffing and smelling just won’t work here.
- A city mayor hires his brother in a no-bid contract as a consultant.
- “A double dip ice cream cone, which yesterday cost $4.25 is now $57.85. A severe shortage of sugar cones developed last night.”
- “The Sunday New York Times is now priced at $82. Middle East turmoil has caused the price of newsprint to skyrocket!”
- “Your overnight Fed Ex envelope will cost $325. We haven’t had a price increase in 4 months and will use this revenue to serve you better.”
- “Yes, I can reschedule your airline ticket with a keystroke for only $150.”
- “Call this number and I will send you absolutely free my fool proof system to make millions in real estate without any money or experience!”
- “One fat-burning pill a day will melt the pounds away without changing your diet or exercising!”