Deloitte’s Harry Greenspun on the ‘bright future’ of connected care (podcast)
I enjoyed Dr. Harry Greenspun’s talk at Qualcomm Life’s Connect2015 yesterday in San Diego, so asked him to expand on his remarks in this podcast interview. Harry directs Deloitte’s Center for Health Solutions, which provides insights on the evolving environment for healthcare stakeholders.
Here’s what we covered:
- (0:12) What is the Deloitte Center for Health Solutions?
- (0:46) You said patients care about service levels, not the quality of care. Is that true for sick patients and for parents seeking diagnoses for their kids?
- (2:03) Now that payments are changing to value-based, will that make an impact on care delivery?
- (2:59) You said we have “good quality measures” and cited the famous Bill Clinton heart surgery example. Is that really true, even in the case of the Clintons?
- (4:45) Will the future of healthcare really look like the present for consumer oriented businesses? Or is healthcare different than examples you cited, like Chipotle?
You may be interested
Healthcare Tech Advances That All Clinics Should UseDennis Hung - August 12, 2017
Healthcare will always be important to employees and the government since the issues surrounding healthcare are inherently ethical and moral…
Balancing Smart Data With Cybersecurity for HospitalsKayla Matthews - August 11, 2017
It should come as no surprise that your discussions and interactions with physicians and health professionals influence diagnoses, prescriptions, visit…