After the remarkable revolution in the field of information technology now Microsoft is stepping into the world of healthcare to amplify the human ingenuity by using its Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology. While aiming to transform Healthcare, Microsoft has set up a new healthcare division in its research facility at Cambridge and using the technologies such as cloud computing and machine learning. Microsoft is eyeing on transforming the care continuum rather than just translating, by using the technologies to make professionals more empower, improve the operational effectiveness and to engage the patients in a better way through its cloud platforms and eHealth solutions. The two major breakthroughs that Microsoft has announced are, transforming the cancer treatment by establishing the new designs of medication and Using AI in radiology and machine tool to examine the CT scan of the tumors. To make this happen Microsoft has hired the former clinical professor at the University of Manchester in the capacity of public health informatics, Dr. Iain Buchan. Lain Buchan is leading the Microsoft healthcare division along with other researchers at Microsoft research center. According to the Buchan, their research will take in the developing personal information systems, predictive analytics tools moreover more focus on AI to target the meditations. Microsoft?s aim is to make people around the world healthier and efficient by bringing AI in healthcare and making transformation and productivity in the clinical environment. Microsoft also making collaborations and launching different projects:
- Health Vault Insight: By using analytics and machine learning, Health Vault Insight will generate the new understandings about the health of the patients, inspire the patient engagement and create adherence to the plans related to care.
- The healthcare providers can customize the care plans as per need while on the other side the patient can also make changes in their tasks and plans. By using Health Vault Insight patient and clinical can also communicate each other and discuss important things together.
- Bu using different fitness apps data can be taken and analyzed to get better visibility about the health of the patient.
- Microsoft Cloud Genomics: This system is making the process fast and easy to answer by using the orchestrated ecosystem of innovation and Azure-powered genome pipeline. This will help the health and other life science organizations to understand better and also transform the way to examine and understand the human bodies.
- Microsoft?s AI health Chabot technology- This health bot is totally new, bringing the conversational intelligence to help out the patients and providers to have AI based powered tools for health care and to provide more understanding about the patients.
- Inner Eye Project- This tool is designed for the planning of radiotherapy. This tool helps doctor by its innovative images to treat diseases like cancer in more effective and innovative ways. This is a truly research-based project to monitor the progress of disease and treatment of cancer.
The big initiative of Microsoft related to AI, machine learning, and cloud service carries the following gains:
- Empowering the professionals: Microsoft believe that is how they can strengthen the care team by providing cloud-based information management systems and improve their productivity as well by giving them new avenues to study the disease.
- Improving the operational and clinical efficiencies: Uncovering the insights by using Artificial intelligence software and machine technology will ultimately enhance the operational excellence and performance.
- Transformation of the care field: Due to stored information on Microsoft cloud system now the smart devices can have easy access to the data by connecting to the cloud system. By accessing the customer information the clinical professional will be able to get a lot of understanding to the treatment of patients.
- Patient/Customer Engagement: This technology will help to keep the patients out of the hospitals but enrich the clinicians with the patient understanding. While on the other side it will allow patients to personalize their conversation by connecting through the data devices which in return reduce the delays and enhance the engagement.
- Trusted Devices: Last but not the least, this technology will keep people well informed and alert so that they can make decisions timely about their health and also keep their data secure, protected and in control.