The Shocking Truth About Death!
It continues: “Social media has given people a kind of community to mourn in,” Ms. Ashenburg said. “Death has entered the conversation again. This shows that we’re willing to put words to it and express ourselves, even at a level that might be kind of facile.”
- On a scale of 1 to 5, where do you fall on this continuum?
Let me die without medical intervention Don’t give up on me no matter what, try any proven and unproven intervention possible
- If there were a choice, would you prefer to die…
, or ?
- Could a loved one correctly describe how you’d like to be treated in the case of a terminal illness?
- Is there someone you trust whom you’ve appointed to advocate on your behalf when the time is near?
Have you completed any of the following: written a living will, appointed a healthcare power of attorney, or completed an advanced directive?or
- Who you want to make health care decisions for you when you can’t make them.
- The kind of medical treatment you want or don’t want.
- How comfortable you want to be.
- How you want people to treat you.
- What you want your loved ones to know.
My wife and I are completing ours. You should as well.
We need to discuss death and dying in this culture and not avoid it. It is ultimately about quality of life at the end of life.