We live in the era of information technology, so we constantly use electronic gadgets that have a bad effect on our vision. Because of this, in the modern world there are more and more people who experience problems with various eye diseases. Good vision is very important. It helps you enjoy the beauties of nature when you travel, see the information on the board when you are sitting in a lecture, it is easier to navigate in space, and provides many other benefits. Therefore, people who experience problems in this area try to solve them in various ways. Some buy glasses, some contact lenses. These items really help to see better but have a number of certain disadvantages. For example, inconvenience of use. Lenses must be constantly put on and taken off. Glasses can be uncomfortable to wear. And, of course, many people want to get rid of bad eyesight without experiencing such problems. And there is such a way. This is laser vision correction. There are many methods of this procedure, but one of the most popular, effective, and safe is LASIK eye surgery. Let’s take a closer look at what it is.
LASIK is a microsurgical technique used to correct vision in people with nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. In these diseases, the light rays do not focus at the right point on the retina and the image becomes fuzzy. LASIK is the most modern and reliable way to correct vision. The technique is recognized as the safest at the moment, as the cornea of the eye is not damaged when it is used. Most ophthalmic centers prefer this option of laser surgery because it is the most effective.
The principle of LASIK vision correction is that a laser beam briefly affects the inner layers of the cornea of the eye. The operation is performed on an outpatient basis using local anesthesia. The execution time is approximately 20 minutes. After the end of the operation, the qualitative and quantitative indicators of vision remain unchanged day and night.
The LASIK operation is an individual approach to the treatment of the vision of each individual patient. Before starting the laser beam correction, the doctor will conduct a thorough examination, where he will ask about the medical and surgical history, and he will also fully examine the eyes in order to make recommendations for the maximum safe passage of the procedure. The doctor will measure the cornea, identifying the shape, thickness, and contour of any irregularities. He will tell you which specific areas of the cornea need to be reshaped and how much tissue needs to be removed. For this, a special scanner is used, which creates a detailed chart with all the necessary information. After that, with the help of a computer, all the necessary parameters of laser exposure to the inner layers of the cornea of the eye are calculated. Thanks to such a scrupulous approach to the examination, it is possible to achieve maximum accuracy in vision correction.
1. This technique allows you to quickly restore vision.
2. Thanks to this method of vision correction, stable results can be achieved after the end of the operation.
3. Thanks to this technique, it became possible to treat both eyes at once during the operation. While with other methods of laser correction, an operation is first performed on one eye, and after a couple of weeks on the other.
4. Laser correction according to this technique is recognized as the safest way to treat myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism.
5. A short recovery period, and therefore a quick return to everyday life in comfortable conditions.
6. Using the most modern technologies. This method of correction is focused on an individual approach using the programmed parameters of the patient.
7. The operation is painless.
8. Very low chance of complications.
LASIK is one of the gentlest options for vision improvement surgery. The intervention takes place on an outpatient basis and does not require hospitalization and long-term recovery. After the laser correction is completed, the patient is under close medical supervision for 2 hours, and after that, he is already sent home. Yes, vision improvement occurs immediately, but for some time it is necessary to observe safety measures and some restrictions.
· The first two or three days are associated with an increased risk of inflammatory processes, so during this period, you need to be as careful and careful as possible. You can not wash your face, close your eyelids, and it is especially dangerous to apply makeup. In the first hours after the operation, doctors recommend the use of sunglasses, as the patient may experience photophobia. It is also necessary to use special drops that the doctor will prescribe.
· Within a couple of weeks after the operation, the patient gradually returns to the normal rhythm of daily life. It will be possible to work briefly at the computer, take a shower and increase physical activity. But at the same time, it is still not recommended to drink alcohol. Girls are also not allowed to use certain cosmetics, such as mascara.
· A month after the operation, all functions of the visual system will be fully restored. Driving a car, flights to other countries, and normal physical activity are allowed. The main thing is to follow all the recommendations of the doctor and take the drugs prescribed by him. It is important to visit an ophthalmologist even after the completion of the postoperative period. This will help minimize the risk of developing late complications, assess the dynamics of eye recovery, and be sure that you are completely healthy.
LASIK eye surgery will provide numerous benefits, improve your quality of life and relieve you of the disadvantages associated with the use of glasses and contact lenses. And the LASIK technique is one of the safest ways to achieve these results. Many people use this service every year and it allows them to make their eyes completely healthy. Any daily activities, such as driving a car, reading a book or a regular walk, will become much easier and more enjoyable. Therefore, if you want to get rid of bad vision, consider restoring it with the help of LASIK. This is the most effective and safe way of laser correction today.