When mammals give birth to babies, their children eat their mothers’ milk because it is the perfect food for their organisms. One can say the same about human beings. A mother’s organism develops food for a baby during the nine months of pregnancy. In other words, everything goes naturally because it is logical. Several scientific reasons prove that breastmilk is the best food for infants.
The Ingredients of Breastmilk are Developed Specially for a Baby
Breast milk consists of several essential ingredients for infants, which produce the following positive effects.
- Water lets kids stay hydrated, which makes up 87% of breast milk. Due to that, parents don’t have to offer water to kids until they are six months old.
- Healthy fats supply the body with the required energy and help the body absorb vitamins D, E, K, and A. Moreover, it is the “main course” for the brain.
- Healthy carbs fuel the organism and help it grow appropriately.
- Whey and casein are two proteins that most baby formulas, including Holle 4 formula, contain. Proteins allow the organism to recover damaged eyes, hair, skin, nails, and other organs. Breast milk prevails in casein, which is easier to digest and to avoid health complications connected with digestion. Moreover, it doesn’t provoke allergic reactions, constipation, and indigestion.
- Healthy nutrients are bricks in immune system development. Moreover, breast milk has them in the required proportions.
In other words, a mother feels safe and calm when breastfeeding a baby. There is no need to worry about the quality of ingredients, the lifespan, and storing conditions, like in the case of baby formula. Sometimes, moms have to exclude gassy products like beans, pastries, and carbohydrates drinks from their daily menu to help the baby digest milk properly.
The consistency of milk changes depending on the needs of the baby. First, it is blue due to the water an infant needs to kill thirst. Then, it becomes white and yellow, which means it gets more proteins and fats. The amount of milk also increases in accordance with the child’s appetite. Consequently, the older a baby is, the more food it will consume to restore the deficit nutrients. Sometimes, a mother should drink more warm liquid and take a warm shower to promise better milk flow.
How Does a Baby Benefit When Eating Breast Milk?
Baby formula is an excellent alternative to breast milk, but all pediatricians state that nothing can be better than mother’s milk. It protects the vulnerable organism from viruses, bacteria, fungi, allergies, sickness, and the development of more severe diseases like cancer, diabetes, and indigestion. Moreover, a baby gets a healthy weight when eating merely breast milk. Some researchers prove that breastfed babies have a higher IQ level.
Another advantage of breastfeeding is its 24/7 availability. A baby can get it when traveling, at night, when the country is suffering a sudden shortage of baby formula, or in case of blackouts. It is always sterile, and the temperature is as it should be.
What Should a Parent do if a Mother Has no Milk?
Some mothers cannot breastfeed because of health complications or pills they take that contradict breastfeeding. Fortunately, many companies produce baby formula to please their clients with good taste, correct consistency, and top quality.
The best formula is organic, and one can find it on the European market due to the variety of reputable companies, including HiPP, Holle, Jovie, and others. Some companies even produce a formula for babies who still need night feedings after 12 months, such as Holle 4 formula or HiPP stage 3.
Breast milk is the best food for babies, though one can find pretty many alternatives at stores to provide babies with the required nutrients.