1/3 Women Living with Chronic Health Conditions
- One in 10 women (18 to 44 years) say they have been diagnosed with arthritis (9 percent), hypertension (11 percent), or high cholesterol (9 percent).
- By the time women reach their middle years (45 to 64 years), those rates tripled to 39 percent, 36 percent, and 34 percent respectively.
- Most women (83 percent) report that they have at least one healthcare provider that they see on a regular basis.
- This increases with age–from 77 percent of women ages 18 to 44 to 90 percent of women 45 to 64.
- It is never too late to start taking care of yourself.
- You must set a good example for your daughters and granddaughters so they develop healthy habits early in life.