Call to Action: America’s Health Rankings Senior Report
Rankings reports are a great way to spur the public and policymakers to pay attention to important issues. The 2015 America’s Health Rankings Senior Report from the United Health Foundation, released today, is a case in point. It combines a holistic approach to the definition of health with detailed information for each state.
I had an opportunity to interview Dr. Reed Tuckson, senior medical advisor to the Foundation, about the report.
- (0:12) What is the purpose of this report?
- (1:28) What should we learn from the high-ranking states and the low-ranking ones? What are some success stories?
- (3:28) The report includes a “call to action” from Dr. Jewel Mullen, based on a national prevention strategy. Who is Dr. Mullen and what is the strategy?
- (4:55) The report mentions Alzheimer’s and dementia. There is rising prevalence, no cure, and not a lot of effective treatments. How should we be addressing Alzheimer’s?
- (7:52) It’s clear from your comments that this report is not meant to sit on the shelf. What impact do you think the report will have?
- (10:18) What else would you like to highlight?