Doctors on Google: Manhattan Research Survey 2012
- 87 per cent of physicians use mobile devices like smartphones or tablets.
- Physicians perform an average of 6 professional searches a day
- 68 per cent of physicians are prompted to use a search engine because a patient seeks more information during a consultation
- When search is used, 77 per cent of the physicians use it between patient consults while 41 per cent physicians agree to having used it during patient consults.
- 84 per cent of physicians search on condition related keyword terms. Only 17 per cent search on pharmaceutical manufacturer terms
- 93 per cent physicians have taken action after consulting a search engine for clinical information.
- One in three physicians click on sponsored listings
- Medscape is the most popular platform used for watching professional videos.
You can find the original post on Digital Medicine India.
You may be interested
Care On The Road: How Telemedicine Can Reach Truck DriversLarry Alton - August 21, 2017
Telemedicine is considered a powerful tool for individuals living in rural areas, far from adequate services or in need of…
Where Is The Balance? Pushing Back Against Consumer Health TechLarry Alton - August 18, 2017
When Republican Congressman Jason Chaffetz glibly remarked that Americans struggling to afford insurance should choose between that and their smartphones,…