Tech companies will likely win large deals in the battle around precision medicine. Why? Those that understand technology and the goals of medicine will be able to create value in the precision medicine value chain by offering platforms to interpret and connect data points. The complexity of human data, and the interpretability problems we have seen earlier, will require great understanding of how to analyze data and help with a better patient diagnosis. In the U.S., there are a number of technology companies who work in the field of personalized medicine. We went out and found 29 companies who are likely to lead in precision medicine for the years to come. On the map: 29 precision medicine technology companies across the US. The Crunchbase API supported the data research. West Coast
- KineMed has patented analytical biomarkers capture key rates of molecular change that are critical to identifying target engagement and enable the tracking of disease modifying processes across a broad spectrum of diseases.
- Advanced Cell Diagnostics is a molecular pathology company developing cell- and tissue-based diagnostic tests for personalized medicine.
- Syapse is based in Palo Alto and provides a precision medicine data platform for health providers to use molecular profiling to diagnose and treat patients.
- Also Palo Alto-based, Centrillion Biosciences has a technology for genomics and DNA analyses to support personalized medicine, life sciences research and bioinformatics.
- Epic Sciences has an application to improve cancer management by providing real-time biopsy material to guide personalized medicine.
- San Diego-based Ignyta tries to catalyze personalized medicine in autoimmune diseases.
- Mountain View-based Eve Biomedical helps with a biotechnology solution that enable genomic and personalized medicine. In short, it is high speed, low cost gene sequencing equipment for medical applications.
- Sctheranostics helps with accelerating therapeutic discovery and enables personalized medicine through the use of patient-derived cell models.
- Kuraoncology is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company advancing a pipeline of precision medicines for the treatment of solid tumors and blood cancers.
- Genoptix is a Carlsbad based company providing specialized oncology diagnostic services to community-based hematologists and oncologists.
- Precipio Diagnostics a cancer diagnostics reference laboratory helps with an advanced diagnostics approach, advice and personalized medicine.
- Boston-based Inform Genomics creates solutions for personalized medicine products for cancer supportive care and inflammatory diseases.
- Cambridge-base Miramix aims high and wants to kick start the revolution toward personalized medicine.
- Enumeral Biomedical in New York uses a nanotechnology-enabled process for therapeutic discovery and immune profiling.
- Population Diagnostics wants to develop DNA-based diagnostics and sophisticated personalized medicine tests.
- New York-based Genterpret is a startup backed by the Blueprint Health startup accelerator, and crowdsources genetic and clinical datasets to advance personalized medicine.
- Located in Philadelphia, Rosetta Genomics is a company that aims at the discovery, the development and commercialization of diagnostic testing for personalized medicine.
- Translational Software’s software for personalized medicine is a service that provides a leading-edge knowledgebase of pharmacogenetics guidance and tools that integrate it into the clinical workflow.
- 4D Healthware is a Chicago-based patient engagement software that makes personalized medicine possible through a connected data approach.
- Everist Health has developed a new technology called Evolver—a machine learning technique that produces mathematical models that describe a dataset based on what specific questions are being asked about that dataset.
- GenomOncology enables precision medicine by translating next generation sequencing data into actionable information.
- Cellular Dynamics International produces stem cell technologies for drug development and personalized medicine applications.
- Kailos Genetics has a proprietary technology that combines two discrete targeting steps and enzymatic degradation to efficiently capture difficult to design regions. It allows users to focus sequencer capacity on the regions of interest.
- Microarrays develops products that allows to microarray data for applications in testing, diagnostics, and personalized medicine.
- Atlanta-based PHIGENIX wants to leverage licensed patented technology to establish a strong first-mover advantage in precision medicine.
- Precision for Medicine is a specialized scientific services company supporting life science innovators to develop medical products.
- NeoDiagnostix works with cancer genomics to lead the field of precision medicine.
- Genomind is a personalized medicine company in neuropsychiatry.
- Permedly connects doctors & personalized medicine solutions via a software platform, and wants to change the way health care providers do business by centralizing doctor access to treatment options.