When Should a Doctor Lose His License?
- A gastroenterologist misses a diagnosis of colon cancer three years in a row.
- A surgeon refuses to repair a patient’s hernia because the patient has no insurance and cannot afford the operation.
- A physician is a recovering alcoholic and is now found guilty of a DUI.
- A review of a psychiatrist’s medical records confirm that 10 patients committed suicide in the past 36 months.
- An internist is found guilty of domestic violence. No drugs or alcohol are involved.
- An investigative reporter discovers that an orthopedist was paid $250,000 last year to promote a medical device to colleagues across the country, and never disclosed this relationship.
- A physician is discovered to be double billing Medicare over the past year.
- A physician persists in asking one of his patients to date him.
You may be interested
4 Hormones That Play a Critical Role in Your Well beingErica - August 15, 2017
Hormonal health and wellbeing have received plenty of attention lately, both from the medical community as well as from health-conscious…
The Benefits of Providing Homecare in Your Health SystemJennifer E. Landis - August 14, 2017
In-home health care, colloquially known as homecare, offers untold benefits for both patients and the health care professionals providing the…
Healthcare Tech Advances That All Clinics Should UseDennis Hung - August 12, 2017
Healthcare will always be important to employees and the government since the issues surrounding healthcare are inherently ethical and moral…