- Drinking protein shakes can be a big help in increasing muscular endurance. However, you have to choose the right type of protein shake and drink it at the right time
There are several varieties of protein shakes available on the market today. The most popular type is usually protein powder mixed with milk or water. As their popularity has increased, protein shakes nowadays come in different varieties, including smoothies and premixed shakes.
If you are considering incorporating protein shakes into your routine, it’s a good idea to understand how and when to take protein shakes to get their fullest effect.If you are interested in how to drink protein shakes, then read on to learn more.
What Are Protein Shakes?
Protein shakes are a dietary supplement that is designed to increase your protein intake, especially if you have a dietary restriction that prevents you from incorporating much or any protein-rich food like meats into your diet. Protein helps in building lean muscles because of their active ingredients like nitric oxide. It can also increase your metabolism and help in burning fat.
Protein shakes can be consumed alone or as part of your daily diet. Some people prefer to drink them with a meal or as a snack. Others like to drink them on an empty stomach so that they can feel full before their meal so that they do not overeat.
Check out the following facts about protein shakes:
- Many protein supplements are sold as powders. They can be bought from a local health store and are easy to make.
- Most stores carry many types of protein supplements.
- You need to consider that not all protein supplements are created equal. Some formulas and brands are better than others for building lean muscle, and some are simply too expensive to buy when they will not provide any substantially greater results than their competition.
- Protein supplements can be purchased online. These websites can provide information on how to drink protein shakes and offer protein powder recipes as well as free nutritional tips for healthy living.
- Whey powder contains more protein per serving than soy protein powder. Additionally, soy protein powder also has more carbs. If you need to lower your carbohydrate intake, you may want to look into using whey powder instead of soy.
5 Ways Drinking Protein Shakes Can Help Increase Muscular Endurance
1. Drink A Protein Shake Before Your Workout to Boost Performance
If you’re drinking a protein shake before a workout or taking pre-workout supplements, then you’re probably going to need a boost. Instead of drinking something full of carbohydrates and fat, think about the other ingredients you’ll be adding to it. Some examples of these would be the protein powder, whey protein isolate, or casein protein.
Check some expert tips when taking protein shakes before you work out:
- When you drink a protein shake before a workout, be aware of any caffeine in it. This is often the reason people turn to coffee or tea instead of water, and why people drink a shake after a workout. Make sure you are also taking care to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water before, during, and after your workout.
- For a quick energy boost before you exercise and you don’t want to use a protein shake, try drinking a cup of orange juice or another non-caffeinated beverage first.
2. Drink A Protein Shake After Your Workout to Promote Muscle Recovery
While the exercise itself breaks down your muscle fibers, the rest period between workouts is when the new muscle is actually being built. A post-workout protein shake can help promote that muscle building and help your body make the most of your recovery time. Your post-workout smoothie or post-workout drink should contain about 5-11 grams of protein per serving. Use the high range for big workouts or very large meals, and stick with the low range for smaller boosts at night or during the day.
3. Enjoy the Flavors While Getting the Right Amount of Protein
Protein supplements are available in many different flavors. If you are looking for something light and fruity, you can drink a vanilla protein shake. There are even shakes that are flavored with fruit and milk!
Protein shakes are an essential and often enjoyable part of many athletes’ diets. However, they should be enjoyed in moderation. Because the protein in protein supplements can be broken down into various types of proteins, it is important to ensure you’re getting a sufficient amount of protein each day without consuming it in excess. Don’t drink more than 2 grams of protein per pound of lean body weight per day.
4. Drink Protein Shakes for A Quick Energy Boost
The components in protein supplements are some of the building blocks of the body, but they are also the fuel for the body as well. As such, protein shakes can be a great way to increase your energy during parts of the day when your energy levels are starting to drop. Many protein shakes have added caffeine for extra pep. For a quick boost of energy, you can always drink soy milk as well. It is better than regular milk because it is lower in sugar and will provide a higher nutritional value. Also, it is particularly good if you’re trying to recover from an illness or injury since it will give you more energy and provide the nutrients your body needs to recover.
5. Follow Expert Tips to Get the Most Out of Protein Shakes
When choosing a protein powder, it is important to consider the type of food you plan to consume when making the drink. You want something that is not too sweet but still provides the amount of protein you need. The best option for those who need more protein is whey isolate made from the whey protein isolate to attain improved muscle endurance.
Here are some tips when taking protein shakes:
- Protein powder can be mixed with milk or water and then mixed with fruits and milk to make the drink. Customize your own shakes according to your preferences.
- Overall, the best time to drink your protein shake is when you’re not in any type of physical discomfort. If you’re still recovering from an injury or illness, you may want to wait until your body is completely recovered to consume it.
- Keep hydrated by drinking water while you’re drinking your protein shake. In fact, some studies suggest drinking more water can prevent some of the side effects of having a protein shake, such as bloating and headaches.
- Keep in mind that when you drink a protein shake, you should consider the number of calories in the drink and coordinate their consumption with the rest of your diet.
Protein shakes for muscular endurance can be a powerful tool for building muscle. However, it’s not something that you want to do in excess. You can take a protein shake before, during, and after a workout to improve muscle strength, endurance, and overall performance.