6 Shake Ingredients To Boost Your Immune System
These shake ingredients to boost your immune system can help you feel healthier, happier, and more energized. Add them to your shakes and drink up!
There are many factors that can weaken the body and cause us to suffer a breakdown in our health. If we want to prevent these issues, we need to replace all essential nutrients and energy that the body has lost. Making shakes from home is a great way to do this. Cooking Light has some great recipes for healthy shakes, but there are even better ideas if you know what to add to your recipes. There are a variety of reasons that we can be depleted of our essential nutrients. These include not following a proper diet or following a very intensive exercise routine without hydrating or eating the necessary proteins. Fortunately, there are ways to replenish the body and feel reinvigorated. You can try consuming shakes that are rich in natural ingredients. Bear with me for a moment, while I cover the main benefits of each of the ingredients to make a delicious healthy shake. You should have all the essential nutrients that you need and be filled with energy by the time you finish it. My friend John from The Holistic Millennial shared some great tips on making a shake. He says that the six best ingredients include:
- Banana: This is a great fruit for your digestive system, but there are other benefits too. It contains a high level of potassium, which gives you a mild diuretic effect and restores minerals in your body. When we are sick, we tend to lose minerals such as magnesium, potassium, folic acid and astringent substances, so the banana will help you replenish them.
- Ginger: Ginger is known worldwide for its high anti-inflammatory properties, so it is a perfect food to consume when we have an annoying cough that restricts our breathing. Additionally, it is ideal for treating nausea, dizziness and is known as an effective anticarcinogen. This means that it is great to use after you have worked out and are feeling fatigued.
- Pineapple: There are so many fruits high in vitamin C, but pineapple is one of best. You will probably be surprised to learn how healthy it is in our diet. It has strong anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps regulate the digestive system. Most importantly, it is an antioxidant and provides natural energy. Don’t wait any longer, you need to start adding it to your shakes!
- Turmeric: One of the most powerful anti-inflammatory ingredients is something that many scientists claim will treat cancer. This is because it is rich in antioxidants, fights cystic fibrosis and free radicals, lowers cholesterol levels and has many other benefits.
- Lemon: Citrus fruits are also great to add to your diet. Most people eat oranges, but lemons are probably a better substitute. They are packed with vitamin C, which is a natural antibiotic, skin tone lightener and a fabulous antioxidant. It is so easy to find and so beneficial.
- Carrot: Maybe you’ve heard that carrot is excellent for the eyes. That is totally true, but it has surprisingly high levels of vitamin C as well. Carrots are also full of beta carotene, a necessary pigment in the human body, which is capable of treating chronic fatigue syndrome, skin aging, alcoholism, Alzheimer’s disease, depression and much more.
Now, what do you think if we include all these benefits in a single shake that apart from being super nutritious, is delicious? Here is the recipe! Ingredients: 1 banana ½ spoonful of grated ginger 1 cup pineapple, frozen or fresh 1 tablespoon lemon juice ¼ spoonful of curcuma ½ cup natural carrot juice Optional: ½ cup almond or coconut milk Preparation: Pour all ingredients into blender until you get the consistency you want. You can add ice if you want it to be thicker. Cooling it makes it more delicious. You can add more banana or pineapple if you want a sweeter shake, or lemon if you like more acid. Play with the ingredients until you get the taste you love the most. Final Thoughts You will probably love this shake combination just as much I do. Whenever I am feeling fatigued or starting to get sick, I choose this type of smoothie to activate myself and raise my defenses. Tiny steps – like adding more healthy ingredients into your life – can boost your immune system and improve your overall health. Get ready to feel fantastic.