Did you know that between 200 and 500 million people around the world meditate? There are a lot of benefits of meditation, including its stress relieving benefits.
Stress is taking its toll on our collective mental health. The aftermath of the pandemic, crisis in the Ukraine, worsening supply chain issues and general economic frustration are all factors creating stress in our lives.
Unfortunately, stress can take its toll on our long-term health if we are not careful. One of the biggest problems with stress is that it can severely weaken our immune systems. Stress can also cause cardiovascular problems and digestive issues, which will worsen over time.
You need to take all reasonable measures to minimize stress in your life. One option worth exploring is meditation. You might find that meditating with gemstones will alleviate a lot of the cumulative stress in your life.
An ever-increasing number of people are choosing meditation as a means of improving their physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health. Additionally, more and more companies and schools are offering meditation classes to employees and students.
Meditation can benefit you too. People are using meditation to manage their stress and alleviate the symptoms of depression and anxiety. It will transform your life in ways you didn’t think possible. You can use this practice to develop positive habits and feelings, like healthy sleep patterns, self-discipline, and a good attitude, to name a few.
If you’re just getting started, consider adding gemstones to your meditation practice. They can be powerful tools for enhancing your experience and further reducing stress. No matter what gemstones you use, you can reach certain outcomes, such as a sense of calm, peace, and balance. All you need to get started is a gemstone and the willingness to practice. You’ll heal any issues you want to target. Tap into the gem’s power and concentrate on the outcomes you’re trying to achieve.
The Healing Power of Gemstones
The use of gemstones in healing isn’t a New Age concept. Since the dawn of time, gemstones have been used for religious, medicinal, and protective purposes. The Sumerians, for example, used gemstones in ‘magic formulas’ in the 4th millennium BC. Lapis lazuli was an important gemstone to the early Sumerians, cherished for its beautiful color and healing properties. As we can see, gemstones carry history not only in their structure and how they’re formed, but also in the way they’re used for healing purposes.
Gemstones act as a power for healing, as they allow positive, lush energy to flow into the body. This is one of the biggest reasons that people dealing with excessive stress use them to help enhance their meditation.
Given their mighty energies and intense resonance with the human body, gemstones are the ideal meditation tools. Each type of gemstone incarnates one-of-a-kind energy that can amplify meditation’s healing force and produce fantastic therapeutic effects. So, if you’re shopping for a gift or looking to buy yourself something nice, consider the healing properties of gemstones.
While All Gemstones Can Be Useful, Some Are Better Than Others
There are many places where you can buy gemstones. You can visit various websites if you don’t like in-person purchases. Take your time and explore your options. A gemstone wholesaler doesn’t sell directly to private individuals. Since you’re an everyday shopper, you can buy gemstones from an online retailer. They tend to have lots of stock and lots of choice. There may be a minimum purchase requirement. Have an open heart and mind when picking gemstones. Listen to your intuition.
All gemstones can be useful in meditation when you are trying to manage stress, but some are more suitable than others. Here are some specific gemstones to start with and why you might choose them:
- Clear quartz. Undoubtedly, the most useful and versatile gemstones are clear quartz. It takes on any energy and ascribes to it. Clear quartz can awaken your crown chakra, which is essentially spiritual health. If you’re feeling out of balance, you could benefit from the properties of this stone. Many gemstones are a variety of quartz, such as agate, citrine, amethyst, and jasper.
- Amethyst. Amethyst has a purple hue. Using it during your meditation sessions can help promote inner peace and healing, not to mention that amethyst helps relieve stress and enhances spiritual awareness. In case you didn’t know, amethyst was the favourite of witches, healers, and shamans. It vibrates at a high frequency, therefore, creating a layer of protection against negative energy.
- Black onyx. Black onyx is associated with the root chakra, the driving force that gives you the energy to live your daily life. Onyx is a stabilizing, balancing stone. Since it can become clouded by all the negative energies it removes, the stone should be cleaned regularly. Hold it in clear running water. When cleansing the stone, focus on the intention.
- Amber. Yellow, brown, or red-colored, amber is a powerful gemstone. It invites calmness and healing into your life. Amber can alleviate pain and eliminate illness from the body. It’s the go-to stone if you’re feeling sluggish or lost in a depressive slump. Amber captures the light and warmth of the sun within its structure. It doesn’t come as a surprise it’s used to a large extent in decorating spiritual places.
- Moonstone. If you want to get in touch with your femininity, moonstone is the answer. It’s especially powerful for women, awakening feelings of intuition and wisdom. Moonstone can have many colours, ranging from blue to white. Bring the energy of the moon into your meditation practice. The stone will help you control and master your emotions.
Keep in mind that you’re working with powerful energies. It’s recommended to add no more than one gemstone per week. Meditation is a long journey, so don’t rush it.
Using Gemstones in Meditation Isn’t as Tricky as It Sounds
Find a gemstone that has the energy that coincides with your meditation intentions. Simply wearing a piece of jewelry made with a specific gemstone is enough. The stone doesn’t have to come into direct contact with your body. Wearing a gemstone pendant on your neck or some beads on your wrist is a good way to meditate. If you don’t like the thought of gemstones touching your body while you meditate, create a gemstone grid or circle around your mat.
Cleanse the stone if you’ve just purchased it. The chances are that it’s soaked up a lot of different energies. Place your gemstone on a windowsill under the full moon or morning sun. Get into a meditative state and focus on your gemstone until you feel the energy flowing through your body. Take some time to process anything that has come up during the session. In this respect, it’s useful to keep a journal.
Use Gemstones to Improve Meditation to Aid in Stress Relief
Meditation can be wonderful for minimizing stress. Practice until you get to a new level of health and wellbeing. When your mind starts to wander, bring it back. You should be serious, but not too serious. There’s no right or wrong way to meditate with gemstones. Whatever feels right for you is fine. Synchronize your intentions with the stone and focus on the problem you want to solve for a couple of minutes.