Numera Social Webinar:
“Harness the Power of Facebook and iPhone Apps in Your Health & Wellness Programs”
Facebook has more than 800 million active users and the average user has 130 friends. There are more than 350 million active users who currently access Facebook through their mobile devices.
According to Pew Internet and American Life Project, Facebook dominates the Social Networking space.
92% of Social Network users are on Facebook; 29% use MySpace, 18% used LinkedIn and 13% use Twitter.
In another study, Pew Internet and American Life Project further identifies features of Facebook users:
- Facebook users are more trusting than others.
- Facebook users have more close relationships.
- Facebook users get more social support than other people.
- Facebook users are much more politically engaged than most people.
- Facebook revives “dormant” relationships.
- Social networking sites are increasingly used to keep up with close social ties.
Social networks are powerful tools you can use to help drive behavior change and keep individuals engaged in their health.
Register for the Webinar – Numera Social
Join the conversation. Register for the Numera Social complimentary Webinar, “Harness the Power of Facebook and iPhone Apps in Your Health & Wellness Programs,” Thursday, December 1, 2011 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PST (1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EST).
Numera Social’s integrated Facebook and iOS apps provides you with a platform to help individuals focus on:
- Goals. Tools to help establish areas of focus and achievable objectives.
- Action. Expert plans and challenges that fuel individual and peer-supported progress and success.
- Results. Sustained engagement, compliance and outcomes are measured using objective data.
During the live Webinar, you are welcome to ask questions by simply typing your questions on the right side of the screen. Also, you are more than welcome to submit your questions in advance. If you have questions, please submit them here or you may ask them in the comment section below.
I’m delighted to be the moderator of the live Webinar event and Alan Yates, VP, Marketing, Sales and Business Development at Numera Social will take you step-by-step to explain how harnessing the power of Facebook and mobile technology can help drive behavior change and keep individuals engaged in their health.
During the Webinar we’ll discuss:
- How social media, such as Facebook, can support the most successful behavior change models
- What elements of a social media application are designed to help drive self-management and group motivation
- Why an in-Facebook app is better than a fan page to support your social media strategies
- How Facebook enables you to connect with individuals where they’re already spending time, rather than a creating a whole new destination
- Why Facebook and mobile apps are good companion strategies for continuous program engagement
Barbara Ficarra, RN, BSN, MPH. Barbara is an award-winning journalist, media broadcaster, speaker, medical blogger, consultant, media trainer, and health expert. She is creator, executive producer and host of Health in 30® Radio Show (presently on hiatus), and founder and Editor-in-Chief of Healthin30.com. Barbara is a registered nurse active on the front lines of health care: She is a head nurse at a level 2 trauma center and covers multiple medical and surgical units, critical care, oncology, cardiology and step-down units, the psychiatric in-patient unit and the Women’s and Children’s units, pediatric ER and Barbara has many years experience covering the main emergency room. Her clinical experience ranges from oncology to general medicine and surgery. Barbara is on the Editorial Advisory Board and is a consumer health expert for ShareCare, a site founded by Dr. Mehmet Oz and Jeff Arnold (founder of WebMD). She is also a featured writer on Huffingtonpost.
Alan Yates. Alan is VP, Marketing, Sales and Business Development for Numera Social and brings two decades of experience bringing early stage technology products to market. Through a variety of senior roles at Microsoft, Alan helped start the Worldwide Partner program, launch Windows CE, acquire and develop WebTV and other media technologies, and launch multiple versions of Microsoft Office as head of Business Strategy. In his final role at Microsoft Alan managed the $1.7b worldwide Education Industry group, where numerous new products were launched around the world. Alan has done consulting work for a variety of early stage startups, and holds a B.A degree from Harvard University and M.A. and M.B.A degrees from Stanford University.
Follow Barbara on Twitter
Visit Barbara on Facebook
Connect with Barbara on Linkedin
We would love to hear from you. Please share your insightful thoughts in the comment section below. Also, if you have any comments or questions, please let us know.