Nowadays, people are more inspired to go to the gym, thanks to the different cardio machines with amazing functionalities that make working out more fun and so much easier. These pieces of equipment do not only help you lose weight fast, as what most cardio exercises do, but they can also be a means for you to gain more muscle mass. If you aspire to gain more muscle, then it is important to determine the right types of machines to use. Else, you may only be wasting your time and energy.
To give you a heads up, here is a list of the different cardio machines you can use to increase your muscle:
1. Indoor Rowing Machine
Contrary to popular belief, the rowing machine doesn’t just enable you to work on your upper body. It’s a machine that could benefit your entire body as it engages all of the major muscle groups, such as lats, shoulders, the back, quads, and hamstrings.
Rowing is a good cardio alternative to what you may have been used to, such as walking and running. It’s also a lot challenging, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll realize that the benefits you receive from rowing make your efforts all worth it.
Here are other benefits that you can gain from using the rowing machine:
- It can burn around 600 to 800 calories in an hour.
- It’s low impact, so it’s also ideal for cross training, if that’s what you desire.
- It allows for a higher range of muscle work for your body at a shorter time.
- With a rowing machine, it’s easier to customize a workout that fits your fitness level.
One of the best rowing machines in the market today is the Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine. Here are the steps on how to use this:
- Set the damper between 3 and 5.
- Choose pace mode and row while also following the recommended speed of the machine. Do this for nine minutes, after which you stand up and stretch those muscles.
- You can go back to the device to complete the second half of your session.
2. Stair Climber
The stair climber is one of the most underrated pieces of equipment in the gym, yet it’s one of the most effective. This cardio machine is great for strength training, which is essential in your journey to increasing muscle. While it looks basic and boring, there’s more that you can do with it than merely just climbing up and down.
Here are some tips you may follow so you can use this machine to increase your muscle:
- Focus on building muscle strength in your lower body. This can be done by keeping your back upright and your core engaged. That way, the lower half of your body takes in all the force. This makes it easier for you to increase your muscles.
- Create a circuit workout. In doing this, you’ll need the help of your instructor to craft the best circuit workout routine for your needs.
- Take advantage of the stair climber to lose weight faster. Note that the stair climber utilizes the largest and the most metabolically active muscles in your body.
3. Incline Treadmill
The treadmill is one of the most common cardio machines that one may think about using in the gym. While common, it still remains as one of the most effective. To increase muscle, you may want to go for the inclined setting on your treadmill, then start to go on a sprint. In doing this, you’re forcing your muscles into action.
Sprinting is one of the best types of exercises to do to build muscle mass. With this type of workout, you’re able to target two muscle groups in one go.
Here are some of the benefits to gain from doing an inclined treadmill workout:
- Enables you to lose weight
- Reduces the risk of injury while in the gym
- Intensity of the workout can be measured
4. Spin Bike
There are many different types of routine that you can do with the spinning bike. Generally, you can opt to go for a spinning class or a long-distance session, or even customize a high-intensity interval training (HIIT). With the spinning bike, it’s faster for you to increase muscle size and slim down your waistline.
Other benefits of using the spinning bike include:
- Burns Calories Fast: A spinning bike is ideal for newbie gym-goers who desire to lose some weight first, before focusing on other fitness areas.
- Builds Lean Muscle: One of the first few effects that you’re going to see in the mirror after regularly training with a spinning bike is a much leaner muscle definition.
- Improves The Condition Of Your Heart: Apart from looking good physically, your body starts to feel healthier as well. Through spinning bike workouts, your heart condition also improves.
- Minimizes Muscle Soreness. Human as you are, your body is going to have a workout breaking point. Some may feel soreness for a few days, while others may even have bruises. With spinning bikes, there’s minimal discomfort that you can feel as these keep your knees symmetrically tracked with the cranks.
5. Airdyne Bike
The airdyne bike, also known as an air bike, is one of the most common exercise bikes that you can find in a gym. This machine can come in handy, especially when you’re suffering from an injury that prevents you from running on the treadmill. Plus, it’s also great for high-intensity interval training.
Here are other benefits of using the airdyne bike:
- It’s a low impact workout that gives you excellent weight loss benefits.
- It’s easy to customize, depending on your fitness level and the muscle goals that you wish to achieve.
With this list of muscle-forming cardio machines and their respective benefits, now it’s going to be so much easier for you to achieve your fitness goals. You may opt for any of these or even all, depending on which areas of your body you want to work and focus on. Keep a mental note of this list, so the next time you go to the gym, you won’t feel lost as to which equipment can help you achieve your muscle goals.