Person-Centered HealthCare: NexJ Combines Information Technology and Social Media to Engage Patients
NexJ Systems combines health information technology and social media to engage patients, promote wellness and support health self-management. NexJ has a history of finding solutions for the insurance and banking industry and now they are venturing into the healthcare arena.
NexJ Health Exchange enables disparate systems to connect and form a patient-centered view of health information. Providers can use NexJ Health Exchange to obtain interoperability between proprietary and standards-based Health Information Systems such as EMRs, EHRs, and HIEs thus gaining complete access to up-to-date patient information at the point of care.
The NexJ solution allows providers to:
- Integrate health information from disparate systems using NexJ Universal Health Connector
- Access and Store Data in Registries and Repositories using NexJ EHR Server
- Exchange data easily
- Access the patient’s complete medical record at the point of care through NexJ Provider Portal
- Provide Patients with access to consolidated health information through the NexJ Patient Portal
NexJ Connected Wellnessoffers patients the opportunity to manage their own health and wellness via a secure cloud-based solution. Patients use NexJ Connected Wellness to connect to their personal health information and to their circle of care including physicians, advocates, family and friends using mobile devices and the internet. Patients have the ability to share their health information with their circle of care, obtain information about their own health, exchange secure messages, and get coached to wellness.
The applications available on Connected Wellness support greater provider-patient interaction and patient engagement, motivating patients to become empowered and engaged in their health, leading to better satisfaction concerning their care and better outcomes for all.
Connected Wellness applications include:
- NexJ Health Coach that connects people to a health coach using a mobile device helping give patients a better understanding of the relationships between their behaviors and their wellness to support positive behavior change.
- NexJ Scheduling that enables patients to book appointments with their providers online.
- NexJ Assessments that enables patients to complete pre- and post-clinical surveys and assessments online.
- NexJ Transitional Care Management that enables providers to create personalized roadmaps for patients to support them through transitions in patient care, such as post-discharge.
There is a lot more information online on the NexJ website. And you can also listen to the following video interview with NexJ CEO, William M. Tatham.
If you like this post, please read other posts in the series on the Person-Centered HealthCare main page. And if you have a story to tell that may be a fit with our series, please comment below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Joan Justice is Executive Director at thePatient Empowerment Network, a global non-for-profit organization dedicated to fortifying the health care consumer with the knowledge and tools to feel more confident playing a central role in decisions that affect their health. Joan has a background in nursing and domestic and international healthcare marketing. Previously, she was the manager of ...