All That You Need to Know About Clenbuterol
Clenbuterol or Clen was designed to treat lung ailments, which also includes asthma. Soon athletes discovered that taking this medicine can result in lower body fat and bigger muscles. It scientifically makes the usage of oxygen in the blood more effectively. In the case of bodybuilders, this will translate into faster burning of body fat that is stored, lessened muscle atrophy, and higher body mass. Clenbuterol has turned into a favorite amongst leading bodybuilders.
Clenbuterol is a compound which falls under the class of drugs known as Beta2-Agonists. The drugs that fall under this category may result in the dilation of bronchial muscles. Often, beta2-agonists are useful for treating asthma. Along with asthma, it has gained immense recognition as an effective supplement for weight loss owing to its effect on fat reduction and muscle growth.
A Sneak Peek on Clenbuterol Usage
Clenbuterol has not yet received approval from the FDA when regards to its use in humans. Although its liquid form has been approved to treat airway obstruction in the case of horses. This medication outside the US is accessible by prescription but only to treat asthma. Often it is prescribed to treat COPD as well. Clenbuterol is not a steroid, yet has similar properties to that of anabolic steroids like promoting a boost in muscle mass. Owing to these characteristics, vets use this medication in livestock for increasing lean muscle. This drug is still found in meat livestock posts being butchered and has resulted in illness, especially in Asia and Europe. For this reason, Europe and the US have begun monitoring tissue samples minutely from livestock for detecting clenbuterol’s presence. Besides, this drug has been observed recently as additives such as heroin in street drugs.
Some Side Effects Associated to Clenbuterol
This drug may have a negative impact if misused or overused. These may include electrolyte imbalance, anxiety, tremors, chest pain, heart palpitations, rapid breathing, or increased heart rate. The list of side effects includes even more. It can result in cardiac hypertrophy (heart ventricles getting enlarged), which is a severe type of heart damage. Besides, it can also cause irregular heart rhythms. This drug can also cause vomiting, nausea, headache, insomnia, increased blood pressure, increased perspiration, and muscle tremors. Any athlete that decides to depend on banned performance-enhancing drugs over practice and hard work have a high risk of being caught red-handed for cheating and at the same time, will also risk his health.
Administration and Dosage
If someone takes this drug to control the symptoms of asthma, the dosage recommended is between 0.02 to 0.03 milligrams daily. It comes in two forms – inhaler and tablet for treating asthma. Just as most bronchodilators utilized for treating asthma, this too should be used as per the dosage recommended as opposed to daily use. In case of performance enhancement or weight loss, this drug can be in the form of injection, liquid r tablet. People taking clenbuterol for such purposes should take 0.06 to 0.12 milligrams daily, which is more than the dosage recommended to treat asthma.
Plentiful Benefits Explained
Clenbuterol offers a plethora of benefits namely,
- Performance Enhancement and Weight Loss- This drug helps to reduce body fat and increase muscle mass. Besides, it stays in the human body for up to 6 days post-consumption. For this reason, this drug is used often for enhancing athletic performance or as weight loss supplements. Those taking this drug for performance enhancement or weight loss usually take growth hormones or anabolic steroids too.
- Improves Breathing- This drug treats asthma via improving obstructed breathing. It widens and relaxes the blood vessels, which boosts the oxygen volume in the blood along with increasing the capacity of the body in using the oxygen for energy. Some countries continue to use this drug as a bronchodilator and decongestant. Often it is used in horses for treating breathing issues.
- Burn Fats- This drug has proved in reducing fat mass much more compared to other forms of fat burners. It is owing to higher metabolic energy. Clenbuterol increases blood pressure and heart rate that increases body temperature and metabolic activity that finally burns stored carbohydrates and more fat. Often this drug is used illegally by athletes as a drug for fat loss at the time of cutting cycles.
- Healing and Muscle Growth- This drug helps in boosting patient’s recovery after surgery as it causes rapid rehabilitation of the muscle strength. Moreover, it induces the growth of the muscle by decreasing muscle loss and increasing protein production.
- Muscle-Degrading Conditions- Clenbuterol works wonders in treating patients with muscle-degrading conditions. It reduces the condition to worsen and also improves mobility. According to research, this drug helps to maintain muscles which are unused owing to disease or injury. Not only this, but it can also prove useful in patients with nerve damage, which results in muscle degradation. It also effectively helps to reverse muscle degradation resulting from tissue burns.
- Stimulant- Athletes use this drug widely in the form of energy enhancers. It is because this acts in the body similar to that of adrenaline. Most sporting authorities consider this dug as a performance enhancer. In the form of a stimulant, it temporarily increases energy, attention, and alertness. Thus, it is likely to make workouts stimulating and more pleasurable. Moreover, users can experience improved motivation, suppressed appetite, aggression, and competitiveness at the time of working out sessions.
- Urinary Urgency- This drug has proved to improve symptoms in women facing urinary urgency.
- Labor Complications- Owing to the muscle relaxant effects, this drug is mostly used in livestock for cutting down labor complications. Yet this research was not conducted in humans owing to the various risks which this drug carries. This drug helped in correcting birth-complications in cattle, thereby reducing the requirement for anesthesia. Yet in the case of animals too, clenbuterol may result in adverse effects like congenital disabilities, bleeding, and boost in heart rate.
For more information, feel free to consult a certified expert.