Is Hepatitis C Treatment Cost-Effective?
- Most patients with HCV feel well.
- Most patients with HCV are not aware that they are infected.
- The majority of patients with HCV will not develop cirrhosis or other serious complications of the disease.
- Many HCV patients who are ‘cured’ of the virus would never have developed any health issues. They were silently infected.
- Identifying HCV patients who are destined to develop severe complications.
- Proof that treating these patients changes the course of their disease.
- HCV treatment that is cost-effective.
Electron Micrograph of HCV